Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Engagement Photos Are In!

Hello Hive! I hope everyone has had a very enjoyable holiday season. I'm back to share our engagement photos with you! I just received these and I couldn't wait to share them with you guys.




As you can see, we used a couple of the engagement photo session trends I mentioned in a previous post.











Just hanging out on top of hay bales, looking very stoic, like ya do. 


Using the letters I created during a DIY tutorial in a previous entry



I am so incredibly impressed with the skill and patience of our amazing photographer Christopher Helm. When searching for a photographer, Mr. C and I knew we wanted someone with true, raw skill -- not just someone who uses vintage effects in post-processing. After browsing Chris' portfolio I could see that he captured amazing photos in a variety of settings and light conditions. His photos are classic and timeless. Plus he's a really fun, friendly guy who put Mr. C and I at ease the moment we met him. He spent four hours out with us to capture these images from sunlight to sunset and gathering dusk. We're so excited to be working with him on our big day.  

I have to tell you guys that I have browsed hundreds, if not thousands of engagement photos online in the past. This is partially due to my addiction to wedding blog browsing. This addiction may or may not have existed prior to being officially engaged. I walked into this venture knowing exactly what to expect, or so I thought. What I didn't expect was that the first 30 minutes of this photo shoot was incredibly, painfully awkward for Mr. C and me. Thankfully Chris was able to help us feel more at ease and relaxed as we worked together. I guess my warning to you ladies is prepare for a little awkwardness at the start! (that's what she said) 

Was your initial engagement photo shoot a little awkward?

No comments:

Post a Comment