Thursday, November 21, 2013

I'll Never Desert You: Wedding Day Details

Details post! Details post! Oh how I love wedding day details posts here on Weddingbee. I hope you guys enjoy mine as much as I have enjoyed others! Like other bloggers before me (namely Mrs. Turtle and Mrs. Perfume) I was largely inspired by Sophia Coppola's film Marie Antoinette. I love all things Marie Antoinette and 18th century France -- but something a little more relaxed and without the gilded gold details. I had Versailles dreams and a Georgia backyard wedding budget. Yikes! But somehow, with some patience, planning, and DIY savvy, I think we managed to pull off my vision!




The "LOVE" sign was placed on our unused sweetheart table. Making similar letters with scrapbook paper is super easy and inexpensive! I even made a tutorial for it last year. Now these cute letters grace the top of our bookshelf and they always bring a smile to my face when I see them.


The first taste of our wedding day style came from our ceremony site. We rented a fabulous glass chandelier from a local antique store in order to give our countryside wedding a little refined flair. It was an amazing detail and I love the way it looked on our big day!


The guest tables were arranged with an assortment of milk glass vases and flowers in our wedding colors (soft pastels: pink, cream, orange, and blue). For some reason, every table seemed to have one vase with nothing in it, but I have no idea how or why this happened. I made the table numbers in Adobe Illustrator using the same wreath design seen on our silhouettes from our save-the-dates.



All of the milk glass, tarnished silver vessels, mirrored vanity trays, and silver platters were collected throughout the year before our wedding. Mr. C and I gathered them from a variety of locations, but mostly from thrift stores, antique shops, and flea markets. I wrote about my quest for milk glass early in my blogging days last year. It's one of the things I miss most about wedding planning, as we spent many a Saturday scouring antique shops and thrift stores for items to add to our wedding decor. I still have boxes and boxes of milk glass I would like to sell, so if you are in the Atlanta area and interested in buying it from me (no way am I packing this stuff up and shipping it), shoot me a message!




Our sweetheart table that was barely used for the entire night!



For our seating chart, we bought some thin plywood from the hardware store and had them cut it down to this size. We then painted it with two layers of chalk board paint. I had bridesmaid SK draw it out with chalk pens from the craft store the night before the wedding (talk about last minute!) She's an artist, so I gave her a rough sketch of what I wanted and in a few minutes she had this whipped up! There are lots of other ideas I would liked to have tried for seating, but since we were seated outside (with limited tables) it was hard to think of something we could have easily displayed for our guests. 


Here is our photo guest book table. Including a picture of the instructions I created for it. 



Our dessert table with macarons and our wedding cake. The cake was later moved outside for the cake cutting. 


I found our cake topper at a local thrift shop. I thought it was perfect for our theme! 


French macarons! Glorious macarons! Having macarons at our wedding was a big deal for me. You can read about my obsession with macarons here. We also had some prepackaged with little thank you tags (hand stamped by me) that were passed out as wedding favors at the end of the night. I collected the silver trays and domed cake stands from thrift stores and antique shops. 


All of our paper goods were designed by me. I would have loved to do something more complex or use pocket folds, but honestly we were already over-budget everywhere else so I kept the stationary to a minimum. Our save-the-dates were printed by Moo and I loved the quality, but they were a bit pricey. We used Catprint for the invitation suite and thank you cards. 


I also designed our fan programs (inspired by the amazing fan programs by Mrs. Bunting) and had them printed at a local print shop. 



I also hand-stamped these muslin bags and filled them with dried lavender. One was placed on each seat during the ceremony so that it could be tossed as Mr. C and I made our way back down the aisle during the recessional. 

What were your favorite details from you wedding day?



1 comment:

  1. Seems you had an awesome wedding and I am really happy for you. I am planning my niece’s wedding in couple of months and in pursuit of exotic wedding venues Chicago. Hope I find luxurious one to arrange an unforgettable wedding.

    ReplyDelete