Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'll Never Desert You: Putting on the White Dress

After opening my gift from Mr. C, it was time to get dressed! Unfortunately, I had made the mistake of asking my bridesmaids to get dressed at the wedding venue. I thought it would be fairly simple as Cloverleaf Farm has a large bridal suite with great mirrors and several bathrooms. This was actually a big mistake! There just wasn't enough time or room for all the girls: nine in all including Mr. C's "groomsladies" (his three sisters). Future brides, learn from my mistake and have your wedding party get dressed at the hair salon or elsewhere! 

I spent most of this time sitting on the couch in the bridal suite feeling really numb and overwhelmed. Everything was happening so fast. After such a slow and relaxing start to the day, time was suddenly speeding up! People were buzzing around me, floating in and out of the room. I recall staring blankly out the windows, not sure when I was going to put my dress on or get ready. Nothing felt real. At last all the ladies were dressed and it was time for me to don the Jim Hjelm gown that had been purchased nearly a year earlier. A lot of brides get really emotional when they put on their dress, but I was relatively calm and collected. I was just happy to finally putting on the dress I had waited a so many months to officially wear!


The photograph above is a really special one for me. It shows my mom and stepsister adjusting my dress. It's significant because it shows those two previously separate parts of my life (my mom and my dad's new family) working together for the first time. If you recall from my rehearsal dinner post, my mother only just met my stepmother and step-siblings for the first time. Again this image is symbolic of those two sides finally joining for the first time! 


There was lots of adjusting and fiddling with the sash so that the bow looked just right. I had no idea what was going on, so I just stood still while I let my mom and lovely bridesmaids do their work! 


Soon enough I was handed my gorgeous bouquet of garden roses and delphinium, given a few more adjustments, and then it was off to meet Mr. C for our first look! 

And now a peek into the groom's suite to see what Mr. C has been up to! He actually got dressed before the present exchange, but all the same here are some great photos of him getting ready. I was able to find a tie to match my sash at Macy's! I'm so glad I could find a color that watched so well! 

What a dapper gentleman I married!

Hugging his best man and brother-in-law.
Mr. C's mother pinning his boutonniere.
I love this sweet photo!
Up next is our emotional first look! 


Previously on The Camel Wedding Recaps





No comments:

Post a Comment