Friday, March 15, 2013

I Bought Some S**t from the Thrift Shop

Hello everyone! Mr. C and I have been on spring break this week and have used this time to get a couple of important wedding tasks crossed off the to-do list. Mr. C has ordered his wedding band, I signed a contract for wedding hair and makeup (my trial is next month, exciting!), and we scoured the local thrift stores and antique markets for a few things to add to our wedding decor.

Have you heard the song "Thrift Shop" by Macklemore? (Warning, has some bad words!) Yeah, that's pretty much us but instead of buying clothes (and believe me, I have found some bargains) -- we are buying milk glass, silver platters, table mirrors, and any other bric-a-brac we think fits with our wedding theme. "I'ma take your grandma's glass, I'ma take your grandma's glass, no for real -- ask your grandma -- can I have her milk glass?"




I found these cute domed glass dishes for a steal at a thrift store. Now imagine them on a dessert table and stacked with colorful macarons! I think they are so pretty and dainty and they fit the theme of our wedding perfectly. 



I bought these cute little figures for $3 and I thought they would make the cutest cake topper! 



This little trinket box is going to hold our wedding rings! I thought it would make a really nice keepsake after the wedding. The inside is lined with light blue satin but it  needs to be cleaned up a bit before the big day.




Next up, my massive collection of silver platters and vanity tabletop mirrors. This picture doesn't even show my entire collection! My idea is to have all of the milk glass and votive candles arranged on and around these mirrors and trays on each table. 





Here's some of my milk glass with the votive candles to give an idea of our table centerpieces. We now have around 110+ pieces of milk glass!

If you remember, here was my inspiration for centerpieces: 

1) Image via: StyleMePretty / Photography by: Chenin Boutwell
2) Image via: 100LayerCake / Photography by: Erin Hearts Court
3) Image via: Ruffled / Photography by: Jeremy & Alicia Brown


I found these wire hanging wall baskets at Hobby Lobby for $5 each. I bought 12 of them and I plan to stuff them with moss and use them as aisle decor! My only complaint was the big gaps in the woven vines, but that is why we are going to use moss to fill in the gaps and make it look fuller. 

Here is my aisle decor inspiration:

Image via: Wedding Chicks / Photography by: Aya Photography / Floral Design by: Ella Bella Floral & Event Planning

And that's about it! I can't wait to sell all this stuff off after the wedding though. It's taking up some serious space in our two bedroom apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment