Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Wedding Accessories

I had my first dress fitting last Thursday and it gave me an opportunity to give my new wedding accessories a spin to see how they look together with the dress. Now that I finally know what I will be wearing, I'd like to share some of my wedding accessories with you, starting with the most important one: the headpiece.

Image 1 via Dolores Petunia; Image 2 via Twigs and Honey; Image 3 via Erica Elizabeth Designs; Image 4 via:  Amanda Judge

The days of rocking only a veil on your wedding day are long gone. There's an overwhelming number and variety of bridal headpieces that you can wear on your big day. I knew that I didn't want to wear a veil or a large flower, but that left a dizzying array of options from all over the internet. The biggest issue? Price. Many headpieces run anywhere from $100 to $700! I know girls who don't even have a $700 dress budget! Unfortunately, the very high cost deterred me from purchasing any of the lovely headpieces above, but I did use them as inspiration to find something more in my price range.

The other challenge was finding something unique that wasn't over-the-top; something that didn't overpower my overall wedding day look. This is actually one of the reasons I don't own many accessories, as I often have trouble wearing statement jewelry and not feeling self-conscious. I already have a "wow" factor dress, so to tone things down I am skipping the necklace and earrings. I actually don't even have pierced ears, so earrings have never been an option. And as if that wasn't enough to worry about, you also don't want to wear something that will look dated years from now. Granted, everything will look dated to some degree, but keeping it at a minimal is usually a good idea (says the lady who is having the shabby chic vintage wedding).

Image source via Millie Icaro 
Here's the headpiece that I ultimately decided upon. It looks great with my dress, but I'm still debating whether not it's too much or if it accomplishes the look I was going for. In the meantime, I am going to keep my eye out for something that might work better (or I might get lazy and just stick with this). It is incredibly beautiful and well-made in person though! And it came beautifully packaged in a little keepsake box tied up with a ribbon.


The Jewelry: 

As mentioned earlier, I am skipping the necklace and earrings in an effort to keep a healthy balance among my wedding accessories, namely the headpiece and sash that I will be wearing. I did, however, decide that I needed a bracelet and I found a really lovely one while shopping at Macy's. I didn't pull the trigger on it because it was $65, but it recently went on sale for $32! It has that classic, vintage look to it and I can't wait to wear it on my wedding day!

Image source via: Macy's 

What kind of wedding accessories will you be wearing on your wedding day? Will you be rocking a headpiece, a flower, or a veil?

No comments:

Post a Comment