Sunday, May 26, 2013

Getting Married & Wedding Miracles

Last night at our rehearsal dinner, I had the first photo taken with both my mom and dad in 15 years. I saw my mother meet and hug my stepmother for the first time. I saw my mom chatting casually with my step siblings. In essence I saw two worlds which I thought would be forever disconnected finally joined. It was easily one of the most emotional moments of my life. A lot of old wounds healed last night, and not just for me, but for everyone. I bawled my eyes out. I couldn't stop the tears even if I tried. I sobbed like a baby in front of basically everyone I knew. To see everyone so happy, to see not two families joined but four families joined -- it was something very, very special. My aunt called it a miracle. She hugged me and looked into my eyes and said, "I know how much this means to you. This healed a lot of hearts tonight." And now we are really joining these families by marriage. The power of what this union really means hit me in full force as I witnessed all that love, love that was practically palpable, love bursting at the seams.

Anyway, I guess I will just say that this is my last post as Miss Camel. I will be marrying my best friend today, the guy who makes it all worthwhile. The guy who held my hand as I cried and cried as I watched my two families rejoin after so much emotional pain. The guy who makes me laugh, who always encourages me, lifts me up out of the darkness. The guy who loves me unconditionally. The guy who makes every day brighter, every place feel like home. I can't imagine any other person to start this journey with. 

And just so that this post isn't all emotions, here's a video clip from a movie I watched repeatedly as a child. 


Thanks so much for your support Hive. I have so enjoyed blogging my wedding plans with you and I can't wait to show you how it all comes together in the end (I can't wait to see it myself!) I will see you soon on the other side! 

No comments:

Post a Comment