Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Adventures in Hair Trials

I had my hair trial last Friday! It was a busy day because as one of the two Senior Advisory Board sponsors I had just finished organizing and chaperoning the class of 2013 senior picnic. I've been referring to the senior events as my "second wedding" as it involved designing and printing senior t-shirts, collecting money, securing payments for vendors, organizing catering and decorations for a senior breakfast, organizing catering and a DJ for the senior picnic. It has been a LOT of work and a lot of extra stress these last few weeks. But the good news is that everything came together perfectly. There were a few mistakes here and there, but I will know better for next year. I'm just glad it's over and that means one huge worry and time commitment off my shoulders. Now to focus more on the wedding (and the big tests my AP World History and Economics kids will be taking).

I rushed straight from the picnic (in my own senior t-shirt) to the salon. I wasn't feeling very bridal or beautiful, but I left feeling really happy and confident in the skills of my stylist. I came in feeling like a hot mess and I this is what I left with:




Here I am later heading out on a date with Mr. C after taking a nap on this hairstyle (I was wiped out from the picnic) and putting on some makeup:


I really love it. I think it will go perfectly with my soft, ethereal gown. I love the little tendrils that hang down in the front too. They will be more curly on the actual wedding day. And these were some of the inspirational images that I brought with me:

Image source via: Style Me Pretty / Photography by: Ryan Ray Photography

Image source via: Amanda Judge
I was a total weenie and did not even try on, much less take a photo of, my updo with my wedding day hair accessory. I'm starting to wonder if it is going to look too big or distracting with this hairstyle. I love the little flower clip in the photo above, but I don't love the $198 price tag on it, especially since I've already spent money on a hair accessory. I think I might try to make something and see how it looks, and if it's crap then I always have my original purchase to fall back on! 

Just as a reminder, here's my hair accessory: 

Image source via: Millie Icaro

I am also having my makeup done on my wedding day, but I didn't pay for a makeup trial. I'm not too picky about how it looks, but this is my current inspiration from the lovely Naomi Watts:

Image source via: zimbio.com
What type of hairstyle do you want for your wedding? Are you having your makeup done professionally or are you going to do it yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment