Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Small Wedding Details Update

In the midst of wedding crafting madness, I wanted to share a few updates with you guys! First of all, I recently completed a really simple DIY project.

I picked up two wreaths, wooden letters, and silk flowers that were on sale at Michael's and crafted these up in a few minutes. I know they would probably look better with fresh flowers instead, but it's one less thing for me to worry about and maybe a fun detail for photos. More than likely, not many people will even notice them! But I know they will look cute on the back of the chairs at our sweetheart table during the wedding reception.




They were made to capture our wedding colors.


Interested in making your own chair decor for the reception? Here are some other ideas! I was obviously inspired by the first photograph. The embroidered chair covers you see in the third photo can actually be purchased from BHLDN for $68.

1) Image source via: Style Me Pretty / Photography by: Jessamyn Harris
2) Image source via: Green Wedding Shoes / Photography by: Aaron Young
3) Image source via: Southern Weddings / Photography by: Daniel Kim 
Also, Mrs. Wallaby totally inspired me with her dried lavender toss (for after the wedding ceremony) so I purchased all the necessary components and we now have 100 muslin bags stuffed with lavender. They smell amazing. To add a little something special we stamped all the bags with this blue heart:




I ordered myself this beautiful garter from Etsy seller JLWeddings. I'm still not sure if we are going to do a garter toss, but I wanted to make sure that I had one to hold onto for a keepsake after wedding. If we do have a garter toss, I will pick up a cheap one at the store.




We also picked up our marriage license! It's all ready to be signed by our officiant on the day of our ceremony. Time is moving so quickly, the big day will be here before we know it!


We've been pretty much right on schedule for most of the big wedding tasks. We don't have much left to do now! Just last week we ordered (and received) the bridesmaids gifts and the gifts I will be giving my parents. I'm still not sure what to get Mr. C, as we do plan on exchanging gifts on the wedding day. 

Things that I need to work on: 
  • Work out the ceremony details and timeline
  • Create wedding program fans
  • Contemplate out-of-town guest bags once we have our final RSVPs in
  • Purchase more alcohol for the open bar
  • Pick a second reading (and reader) for the ceremony
  • Attempt to find a videographer at the last minute (anyone know someone in the Atlanta/Athens area that has simple packages available?)
  • Wedding day timeline for important participants 
  • Probably a few more things I am neglecting

So summer brides, what have you been up to lately? Any other May brides care to share their craft projects or their to-do lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment