Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

My fiance and I started to talk about marriage fairly soon after moving in together. Obviously neither of us would have made that important next step so readily if we didn't see real long term potential in our relationship.

However, just because we had that quiet understanding doesn't mean that I wasn't embarrassed about lurking around popular wedding blogs long before the official proposal. Actually, I started to do this about a month after we started dating when I just knew that we were meant to be together. Yes, I was that girl. I started to secretly save and file away images that I found inspiring. I began hoarding a massive collection of bookmarks. I would drool over antique rings online and sigh enviously when the ones I loved most were sold. I managed to avoid making a Pinterest wedding inspiration page because it was too public for my comfort.

And so I turned into a closet wedding planner and poor Gavin had no idea. I was nervous that one day he would catch me on a wedding blog and it would freak him out. Thankfully, he didn't find out about my bad habit until well after we had both had the "where is this relationship going" conversation and things were definitely headed towards an engagement. Even when I confessed my dark secret he just laughed and said that he was thinking about marriage soon after we started dating too! I was relieved!

Were you planning your wedding well before talk of engagement?

No comments:

Post a Comment